Relationship gist

Is sex a need in a relationship?

Are we talking about an unmarried relationship or a married relationship?:grin::grin::grin:

Lol… an unmarried relationship

First of all, your definition of an unmarried relationship matters, for example, we have friendship which is also an example of an unmarried relationship

In ‘friendship’ no one has sex

I’m guessing he just wanted specifics

From the word sex… Is the sexual inter course between a man and a woman… Now from your question… Is sex needed in a relationship… What kind of relationship
Sex out of the line in marriage is a sin…
Bt that’s the emotion we teenagers have now… The emotion called dating… Falling in love… The moment you began to fall in love… The devil take charge
And that is one of the pleasure the devil is using to destroy teenagers all in the name of falling in love… It is only those that are spiritually motivated that are not move by the trick of the devil…
Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
As a teenager our main focus is to be on the word of God not the pleasure of the world

The problem many of us have is the understanding of timing, i.e there’s time for everything, when we understand this, we won’t be held up in a relationship that leaves us with the thought of having sex or not. Let’s take a look at isaac, it was when his time came to be married, that his father’s servant went to get the wife… But to answer this question, let’s Matthew 1:18-19, from there, we’ll see that Mary was already engaged to Joseph, but when Joseph found out she was pregnant, he wanted to secretly send her away, why? He was going to marry her but they haven’t had sex, so how come she’s pregnant, this just implied that sex is not a need in an unmarried relationship…

Since we are being specific with an unmarried relationship, which in this case is a romantic one and not just friendship (by the way friends also have sex. They call it friends with benefits :joy::joy:).

Anyways, sex is not a need in a relationship, rather it is what both parties would want as a result of their emotions. Actually, it never starts out that way, like I want to have sex with my girlfriend or boyfriend. Usually starts with innocent advances that are left unchecked.

A need is something that will be beneficial to that person or persons. A want is an instant gratification of a desire.

So, what is needed in a relationship?

Fellowship (with God first)
Bonding
Understanding
Communication
Amongst others.

What we need in a relationship is anything that will help us become better persons individually and as a couple. Sex does not do that. In fact, it creates a gap in relationships, more than people like to admit.

Define specifics oooo

I guess Falling In Love explains it… As believers we Grow in Love.

No. Sex is not needed in a relationship, well in the context of being unmarried. I feel a lot of people nowadays base relationship on physical/sexual attraction, material possessions and the likes which is wrong. Being in a relationship is so much more than having sex, it’s sharing life with someone who loves you and you love, it’s growing with someone who helps you be better just as you do the same, it’s just a whole lot of much deeper things…